Tuesday, August 14, 2007

West Wing.


Ok, fine I like The West Wing!!! Alright?? Happy?? But I still think that it waters down the real truths about the white house and our relationship to the world. I like the stories, characters and direction of the show, but to make the ruling of the world into some kind of fun lovable tv show I do think is weird. At least they're a democratic administration on the show. And it is obvious that they are creating a white house staff on the show that's directly opposite of the one we have now, so maybe it'll make people want a better president. I just hope the average tv watching Joe doesn't assume that this is how it is in real life. In reality politics at such a high level is a cold, dark and evil thing. Period.
But maybe it's just a tv show. Maybe I need to not drink so much coffee.
Good night, and good luck,
Me.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I just wish they would sit still for five seconds. They are always walking around the offices. Puhlease...like they're all so busy. It's just the white house, it's not like they have anything pressing to do. Come on.

Susie Q said...

The characters become so much more interesting as time goes on. I LOVE C.J. the White House spokesperson, Sam, the press sec(the Rob Lowe guy), of course the president, (if only ours was as bright and moral as this one...), and Josh Lyman, (Bradley Whitford, he's married to the mom from Heavenly Kid...)
When Leo died, I cried for a long time. Yeah, I got VERY personal with these guys.
James, you are so right though, but if I can just dream of a White House administration like this one, it makes me feel better, cause let's face it, to think too clearly about the current one just makes me hurl...

froelica said...

My mom is bringing me lots of Mexican food :)

I know this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand, but I found a platform to gloat from and I took my chance, damnit!

Sarah said...

Yeah, she ruined it for me too. I'll just wait a REALLY long time to actually try to watch it again and I'll have forgotten who Leo is. Good plan if I do say so myself.

And Ashley, share the wealth. I just ate a Rye Crisp thingy with peanut butter. It pretty much sucked.

froelica said...

Oh Sarah... That sounds terrible.

*hands you some chili I just made, its vegetarian but you can't really tell and I put TONS of onions in it and TONS of cheese. Then I added some more cheese. And I ate it with fresh restaurant tortilla chips.... mmmm.....*

That was the longest action star thingy I have ever seen... and I'm sorry to all who had to read it.

Susie Q said...

Boneheads! I gave NOTHING away! Leo died, cause John Spencer, the actor died in real life. They had to write his death into the script afterward! I assumed you knew. Twas a huge surprise.

Now stop whining and watch the
f-ing thing!

I watched The Office and Arrested Development and Long Way Round on your recs and loved them.

Gotta give it another try.

PPPPPLLLLLeeaassee! (ala Roger Rabbit)

Mac said...

Not only does Leo die but they find out later that he had conspired to kill the pres. as well as blow up the White House....
And CJ and the black dude become an item.....
And Toby is gay.....
And The First Lady is a man......
See? No problem with knowing Leo died.
Just kidding....or am I...as Mom/Sue says..."just watch the stinkin' thing"
Good day.