Thursday, October 18, 2007

Show...


Hey just letting you guys know that Mirrors has a few shows coming up in November and December, so if you give a shit here they are:
Nov. 3rd @ Ash St Saloon (we play 3rd out of 3).
Nov. 6th @ Rotture (not sure the order for this one, but we're playing with Josh Northcutt's band and a band called Sirhan Sirhan who has the singer from a band we use to listen to called Molly Maguire, and oddly enough the drummer of Sirhan Sirhan is the little brother of the drummer from a band I still love, Shiner. Small world).
December 15th @ Mt. Tabor (I think we play 3rd or 4th)
-Then we will do some touring action in Febuary/ March. We're trying to get submitted for South by Southwest in Austin, Texas, and a festival in San Francisco called NoisePop. Oh and we have manager now. His name is Tim and he lives in Santa Barbara Ca. He's an attorney and runs a small label called Wednesday Records. Since we have interest in bigger labels right now he's going to see what we might be able to get from them, but if not we can always put out an album with his label. He's big on licensing and has generated some good paychecks for his previous bands by just selling there songs to things like video games, tv shows, movies, etc. So we're very excited to have a guy working hard for us. Breath...there ya go. That's the offical Mirrors update. Love you,
James

11 comments:

froelica said...

I already knew all this, but its good to have all the dates in writing cause, you know.... It'll be the day before the show and I'll always be completely unaware that it was coming up. I'll swear that you never told me about it and you'll prove me wrong.
Not anymore!!!

KITTEN!!!!!

Sarah said...

Wow, that's amazing James. I'm so happy for you guys. I can't believe you have a manager! That's like, so real! (yes, I'm a thirteen year old girl)

I'll let anyone I run into know about the shows, even though I probably won't be able to make it to any of them. I have a little leach attached to me (literally) most of the day.

James said...

A cute leach though. And kind of furry as well.

Mac said...

Way to go Moose.
Very proud here.

Susie Q said...

Jamesy, Jamesy! I couldn't be more proud of my rock star son!

Amy said...

Excellent! Just don't let him sell your music to some shitty Rock-n-Roll Barbie video game. I would have to un-know you at that point.

kara said...

That sounds like a shitakke load of good updates. I can totally make it to a show, just don't know which one.

This is my trying to give you a monthish in advance. If you can get three of us into Cold War Kids on Friday, November 16...we'd be oh so happy. Lemme know.

Cheers.

Emily said...

James - you made my day with all this good info! I'm so proud of you....
We will look into babysitters so we can go to one of your shows - hopefully the one on the 6th - I would love to see Josh's band too!
Love ya!!!

James said...

Kara- I'll see what I can do, remind me in a few days.

James said...

Kara- I'll see what I can do, remind me in a few days.

froelica said...

James- I just noticed you come from "Portland, OR, Christmas Island." hehehe.....

Mine says I'm from Gambia, I think.