Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Well I'm home!! Let's chill yo...Baby Kate, I'm thinking of you. Uncle James is on his way!!!
Trip was susper awesome. Three weeks in Europe will do that. As far as our first day back, check Ashley's post, she explains it all in great detail.
I'm going to drink a cup of american coffee. Just a plain cup of Joe. In Europe if you ask for a cup of coffee you basically get a huge cup of espresso. It does the trick as far as getting your caffeine fix but sometimes you just need a plain ol' cup of Joe.
In other news dudes from Mercury Records ( the ones who flaked on us in Portland) want us to play a show in LA on the 9th of this month. One of them will be in LA "for sure" on that day and have gotten an opening slot that night at a venue called Chain Reaction. It's actually a pretty reputable club and would be sweet to play there but I feel like these guys f-ed last time and need to come to us now, on our own terms. I don't know, I'm poor from the trip, need to go back to work and shouldn't take off more time but... I don''t know, it'll work itself out I guess. I'm in a band which is a democratic thing, so if the other dudes say go, then I kind of have to. Yikes! Kind of feel like just being home for awhile. But what can you do??
Love.
James Ian MacMillan

9 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad you are home too - bummer that you have to pack up and leave in a little over a week again - but hopefully it will be worth EVERYTHING!
you will have to go see baby Kate asap -she is so wonderfully good! You will not want to leave her.... I know i don't and I have to beebs to come home to...

Amy said...

I say make the trip. And invite some other reps to see you play while you are down there. One of them is bound to pull their head out of their ass long enough to see you guys are seriously talented.

Mac said...

I say call Phil Spector. Now that his murder trial was a mistrial, perhaps he has some time to produce you guys.......

-or not-

Sarah said...

Thanks for coming over today, it was nice to hang and chat. Kate says hi too. She's sweet. Actually, she just sharted on me. Maybe that's not so sweet.

Emily said...

Saray - that's NOT so sweet - tell her if she does it again you will spank her.... she'll listen...

Haley said...

i think going would be amazing james! i know it sucks cause you just got back.. but could you imagine if it all works out and you get signed! holy cow...! anyway.. i miss baby kate. that is all. night

froelica said...

Phil Spector. Hehehehe......

Susie Q said...

Moose, this is the beginning of the Great Adventure. Enjoy it even in the misery. It's that stuff we so fondly remember anyway isn't it?
I am more than excited about your chances this time. It just feels like all the pieces are in place.

Let us know when you decide whether or not you're going for certain.

MIRRORS ROCKS!

froelica said...

Kitten butt, kitten butt, pinchy pinchy kitten butt.